Tuesday, July 5, 2011

urban quilting

ahhh, urban quilting. you know, so often you see quilters that live in lovely little towns, or at least have grass in the backyard... and you think, eh, not me. now, i'm certainly not saying there aren't urban quilters out there, i mean, heck, most of the people reading this are probably within a couple miles of me. (i hope they are reading... hello? 'ello? 'ello? faint echo trailing...) and there are neato fabric designers like jay mccarroll doing lines like habitat right here in philadelphia, sigh... and then there's me, and my backyard...


gorgeous, eh? normally when i do a new quilt i grab my bike and ride away to the park, which is about a mile away i guess... it is nice there, and i love it, but i thought, show it like it is honey! a pretty quilt in a not so pretty back yard of concrete and wires...


this quilt was just made to be made. no other reason. it's not very large, about 32 by 40 i think. i haven't even measured it yet. i just loved this one print from amy butler, so bright and vivacious! my gentleman likes the quilt because he likes the habitat print... it looks like video games, he says. and of course, it has some gingham, my favorite. so it's just pretty, and i like it. i think i'm gonna keep it and hang it on the wall. it's the kind of quilt i would give to my own little girl. pretty in an unpretty land.

1 comment: